The OPAL Primary Programme is a structured and mentor supported school improvement programme. It addresses all of the areas schools must plan for if they want to strategically and sustainably improve the quality of the play opportunities they offer.
During the programme, we (as trained OPAL mentors) will work with your school for up to two years, supporting an entire cultural and practical transformation of the way that play is thought about, planned for, resourced and staffed; enabling the provision of amazing play times every day.
OPAL CIC are the UK’s leading organisation supporting school improvement through play. They have recently received a grant from Sport England to increase their capacity and ensure many more schools have access to the programme. The OPAL programme has been developed over many years and implemented in over 300 schools across the UK with some seriously impressive results:
- Teachers at OPAL school get on average 10 minutes more teaching time per day per teacher as a direct result of better playtimes.
- Children at OPAL schools rapidly develop creativity, imagination, cooperation, resilience, stamina and confidence.
- Children and staff at OPAL’s schools report feeling less stressed and happier, and more excited about school.
- OPAL schools report up to 80% decreases in use of behaviour policies and 90% drops in senior leadership time spent in resolving playtime issues.
- OPAL’s approach makes play better for every child, every day…no exceptions!
The cost of the current programme is £4999 plus travel expenses and VAT. This includes direct support through eight mentoring sessions, as well as ongoing advice throughout the process and access to all the documents, templates, and guidance you will need to transform play in your school.
You can currently pay for the entire cost of the OPAL program from the School Sports and PE Premium. The revised 2019 DFE guidance now puts ‘Active Play in Schools’ as its second priority for how the funding should be used.
For more information visit the OPAL website or contact us directly to arrange a free introductory meeting.